Bikini Girl Diaries week 4 update coming at ya!!
So… I got food poisoning from I think Kona Grill eating chicken. Chicken is like my main source of protein and now what the heck. I can’t even smell chicken, it makes me gag.
I had Kona of Friday night and as soon as I woke up Saturday morning I could tell something was off. I was so nauseous and my stomach hurt so bad.
It was my friend’s birthday and we were taking a spin class that morning. I felt so sick when I got there and then it was time for class and the entire time during class I felt so sick. I could not pedal as fast or do all the movements. I ended up leaving class 5 minutes early because I thought I was going to throw up.
When we were taking pictures after spin I could barley stand up. So I left, went straight home, showered, and went to sleep. I woke up and Jake was home from Austin to take care of me.
I forced myself to eat my normal breakfast that morning which was oats, PB, and egg whites. For the rest of the day I could not eat anything and then finally around 8:30, I felt like I could eat some fruit. So I had some strawberries and banana.
Saturday and Sunday I was unable to do my normal workouts which sucked but I was not able to. Listening to your body is the best thing.
But other than that I hit my macros. Last week I weighed 137.4 and this week I weighed 135.0!!
Also on Tuesday I took my first ever pilates class at BodyBar Fitness. I loved it. A mini goal of mine is to try new fitness activities. So pilates was one of them and it challenged my body. I am not use to that and I am so sore from it. It also probably wasn’t the best idea taking that class on leg day lol.
Today I thought I would share 5 healthy habits. Since it is still basically the new year, I thought this would be perfect.
- Find YOUR healthy eating style. Just because I eat a certain way doesn’t mean that works for you. It is all about balance. If you have been good all week and you are craving that cheat meal. GO eat that meal. You have to be happy with what you are eating and not miserable. Be happy & healthy with the way you are eating.
- Always be happy and positive. Just because you gained a pound this week doesn’t mean you should be hard on yourself and think negatively. If you know in your head that you had a really great week with training and eating, then that is all that matters. My weight fluctuates all the time. But I try my best to stay positive and always be happy with what I am doing.
- Drink more water. I cannot express how important it is to drink water. I always make sure I am drink 4.5-6 liters a day. Not saying you have to drink that much but there a million benefits to why drinking a lot of water a day is so beneficial for you.
- Be active. Everyone likes working out in different ways. Some people love yoga, lifting weights, cardio, pilates, zumba, or whatever it is. Whatever you like and what works for you stick to it. Find what you enjoy doing that is active.
- Quality sleep. Sleep is very important to your body. Not only will you be cranky and moody if your don’t get sleep but then you will have zero energy for anything else. Your body will thank you later for getting the right amount of sleep you need.
I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and these tips will help you stay on track this new year. Do you have mini goals that you like to achieve?